On a daily basis, the body is exposed to pollutants; both external and internal. When these little pollutants accumulate, they can be bad for your health! They may cause health conditions such as cancer, promote weight gain, or may even speed up the aging process. To help fight toxins which accumulate inside the body because of the daily hectic lifestyle most people have, there are cleansing and detox tips which can help with weight loss as well.
A detox diet helps your body to naturally flush out not just toxins but fats in your system. This is a great solution for weight loss especially when coupled with exercise since it gradually but efficiently detoxifies your body, leaving it cleaner on a much deeper level.
Some food types are actually natural detoxifying agents which can help in cleaning your body. Instead of your usual diet, why not include the following detoxifying foods?
- Fibrous vegetables – Dark and leafy greens as well as fruits like apples, apricots, figs, and plums are rich in dietary fibers which help in cleansing your digestive tract. These fibers act like sponges which absorb fats which can turn into fat deposits if you fail to exercise regularly. Munch on fruits instead of crackers, or make use of whole-grain breads for your sandwiches.
- Lean protein sources – Simply cutting back on fatty meat can help you detox and be on your way to having a leaner physique. Less fat intake means less overall fat in your body which would help you have less fat deposits.
- Use healthy fat as much as possible – When you are preparing your own meals, cook with healthy fats such as olive and canola oil. They have fat chains which are easier to break down.
Having detox drinks can also help in flushing out toxins from your body. Try these suggestions which you can do from home:
- Lemon water – Add some lemon juice to your glass of drinking water. Citric acid in the lemon juice can help break down those stubborn fat molecules and, at the same time, help in cleansing the system.
- Apple detox diet – You can do this by eating apples or juicing them. For about three to four days, eat only apples or instead of drinking water, have fresh apple juice.
- Green juice – With a juicer, combine leafy greens like celeries, spinach, cabbages, mustard leaves, and other dark green and fibrous veggies. Drink a tall glass per day.
- Green tea – Rich in antioxidants, green tea can also help improve your metabolism thus making weight loss more efficient. It also flushes out harmful free radicals from your body.
Apart from the intake of detox foods, you can also have cardio exercises that make you sweat, go for a sauna bath, or add some Epsom bath salts the next time you take a dip in the tub. All these can help you release toxins from your skin by sweating, and as a result, clean your body from within without using harsh chemicals or strong medications.
Detoxify your body today and feel the refreshing effects which can help you lose weight, look younger, and feel more energized to face a better tomorrow!