Kinder pupils are so lovable in a way that they are so eager to learn new things. As their graduation comes near, what could be more wonderful than letting them in for a new and exciting craft adventure where they get to help make their own graduation cap?
Making a kindergarten graduation cap is extremely easy. You can even ask some help from your little ones and turn the process into a bonding session. More than that, this will surely make them appreciate their kindergarten graduation even more.
Here are the things you will need:
• Black construction paper or card stock (20 x 20 inches)
• Strip of black construction paper or card stock (measure this against the head of your child for better fitting)
• Another piece of construction paper with 6 inches height (for the tassel making)
• Yarn (for the tassel)
• Hole puncher
Let us first discuss how to make the tassel so that you will all things ready for the actual kindergarten graduation cap making.
What you need to do:
1. Wrap yarn about 15-20 times around the 6-inch construction board. Set aside.
2. Cut a piece of yarn around 16 inches long. This will be the piece that you will slip in the graduation cap but first you have to slip it inside the wrapped yarn in the 6-inch construction board. Tie in a knot to secure the wrapped yarn. Remove the wrapped yarn from the construction board.
3. Cut another piece of yarn around 8 inches long. Use this to tie the wrapped yarn about half inch from the top.
4. Cut out excess yarn.
Once you have prepared the right measurements, you can now proceed to the actual process of making a kindergarten graduation cap:
1. Get the black construction paper or card stock that measures 20 x 20 inches. Fold the corners until they all meet in the middle. Through this, you should have a smaller piece of square that is thicker than the original piece you started with.
2. Fold the corners once again to produce a smaller but sturdier square.
3. Fold the flaps in the center out until the flap reaches the end of the square. These will serve as the anchors for the circular headpiece you are about to make.
4. Punch a small hole in the center of the square and attach the tassel.
5. Get the strip of black construction paper or card stock and wrap it around your child’s head comfortably. Put a mark on where the ends should meet. You can either put glue on the edges to secure them or you can simply staple them together.
6. Attached to the tabs in the square card stock we made earlier by glue or by tape.
7. Let your kids practice wearing their kindergarten graduation cap.