Christmas is a fun occasion to look forward to every year. However, it’s not always easy to beautify artificial Christmas trees especially when times get financially challenging.
You don’t have to feel sad about this though because there are ways in which you can still enjoy the festive season without having to spend too much on seasonal decoration.
Take a look at the following budget-friendly tips to decorate your Christmas tree:
1. Recycle old tree decorations – This is a given. You can save money by using whatever seasonal decoration you have kept from last year or several years ago. You can reinvent them simply by repainting them or gluing on extra embellishments you find around your home. If you do this, you won’t have to spend a dime on your tree decorations this year.
2. Paper chains – Fun and easy to do, this is also a great activity which can make your kids interested in decorating your Christmas tree. You can choose your own colors and buying some paper won’t cost you too much. To save even more money, you can use some spare wrapping paper or old magazine pages to make your chains.
3. Origami pieces – If anyone in your family loves origami or paper folding, this is another excellent trick you can do with paper for Christmas tree decoration. Make paper flowers, cranes, or even simple paper boats and balls in different colors! They make artificial Christmas trees look more persona too!
4. Popcorn string – A classic and favorite way to decorate a tree. All you have to do is pop some kernels, wait for them to cool, and string them all together. You’d have a snowy effect on your tree and you can even snack on the popcorn while making decorations.
5. Little toys and baubles – Have any small dolls or toy cars? These can make a tree look colorful and interesting! Fill in spaces with garland or ribbons you cut to your own size if you think your tree looks bare.
6. Candies – Buy some colorfully wrapped candies; even better if you get a box of candy canes. These are not just pretty, they’re edible and you can enjoy them even after Christmas is over.
7. Ribbons – Relatively cheap, you can buy yards of many different colors and make your own bows.
Decorating does not have to be expensive. With these ideas, you can make your Christmas tree look interesting and beautiful without having to spend much on decorations so you can spend your money on more important things!