Natural Health Products are…
NHPs are also known as complementary or alternative medicines. They are natural substances containing vitamins, minerals, amino acids and other products that are used to improve or sustain optimal health.
Primarily, natural health products originated from plants. However, some can also be made from animals, microorganisms and other marine sources. They come in various forms such as creams, capsules, tablets, ointments and others.
NHPs are Earth-friendly!
Synthetic health products are made from various chemicals which can have a negative impact on our environment. Those chemicals may mix into the air and water and can possibly affect our health directly since we inhale air and drink water everyday.
We can avoid damaging our health and our environment as well, when we use natural ones. These products are manufactured organically, hence, less chemicals mix into the air and water.
These products are used as…
There are many reasons why these products are circulating in the market and why it is used by numerous consumers. It will all boil down to one – health issues and concerns.
Several people switched from synthetic products to natural ones since they know that natural health products are safer, more effective and cheaper. Also, these products do not need any prescription; therefore, they are regarded as over-the-counter drugs.
Aside from sustenance and improvement of health, some of their health benefits are:
- Prevention of illness
- Treatment of a disease or condition
- Reduction of health risks
- Improvement of bodily functioning
Be wise – know the risks!
Although natural health products have lesser side effects and are safe for use than synthetic medications, they are not exempted from any risks. These risks are as follows:
- Unproven claims
- Manufacturing problems
- Unwanted side effects
- Improper instructions
- Inadequate information and warnings
However, these risks may be prevented as long as you are wise enough to take the necessary steps.
- Check for the label and read other necessary information on the product.
- Follow the information indicated on the product.
- Be on the look out for manufacturing problems such as contamination, false dosage or ingredients.
- Make sure that the product is suitable for your age, condition or any other related factors to ensure safety.
- Research before you believe – Unproven claims about natural health products are on the loose. It is better that you read more about the product before using it.
- Pay attention to possible drug interactions, allergic reactions or any unwanted side effects.
One important thing to bear in mind is to only use natural health products that are approved and licensed to make sure that the product you are using is safe for use.
One, two, three – Go for NHPs to be healthy!
One. Natural health products are safe for your body and for the environment. They offer lesser side effects, complications and risks because they are naturally made.
Two. These products are effective since they have undergone various developments and product tests before they have invaded the market.
Three. They are economical and cheaper. You can afford to buy these products without spending a lot!